The successful candidate will work in a team developing a realtime data analytics platform built around Kafka. The role includes working in Java with Kafka Streams to provide realtime market information to traders as well as working in Python to provide traders with a framework for automation and analysis.
The Frameworks team is responsible for the capture, analysis and distribution of data at Eclipse. We aim to empower our users by providing them with easy access to clean, well defined data in a simple, language independent way.
We are doing green-field development on a number of technology stacks including: a set of services using Java and Kafka Streams to provide realtime analysis of market information; a Python framework to support trader automation and opportunity analysis; a pipeline that captures time series market data in realtime for analysis. The core technologies used in our strategic stack are Java, Python, Kafka, Avro, Kafka Streams and Kafka Connect.
We also own and maintain a legacy software stack built in Java using JMS which distributes contract and other information to clients. We are actively decommissioning the legacy stack.
- Contribute to a Java application stack that delivers trading data to users in realtime using Kafka Streams
- Contribute to a Python framework designed to allow traders to write automation and opportunity spotting tools
- Help support the legacy application stack with support, troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Provide feedback to peers through code reviews
- Engage with traders and quants on a regular basis to gather system requirements
- Provide Tier 3 support as needed
What you offer:
- Excellent core Java design and development skills
- 3+ years of development experience in building distributed systems in Java
- Strong believer in automated testing and collaboration
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Willingness to learn and work with Python is essential. Python dev experience is a strong plus but not required.
- Experience with any of Kafka, Kafka Streams or Avro is considered a plus
What we offer
- Exposure to a diverse range of technologies
- Excellent learning opportunities
- A work-life balance in a multi-cultural environment with reasonable work hours
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.